What is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey?
Whey protein is popular amongst athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all levels. It has a rapid absorption rate and high biological value (BV), which makes it ideal for post-training consumption. Gold Standard Whey is a reassuringly sought after; it offers a convenient way to boost your protein intake, and help you achieve your fitness goals.
Optimum Nutrition brought us the ‘Gold Standard’ of whey protein formula; this global best-seller has become a marker against which all other brands are measured. This superb quality protein powder can be enjoyed around your training sessions, or at any other time of day. It’s a truly steadfast product!
What makes its formula special?
• Each scoop of Gold Standard whey delivers over 24g of premium whey protein.
• Rich in whey protein isolate, offering a purity level of around 90%.
• Contains naturally occurring branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), which are integral to muscle protein synthesis.
• Offers a concentrated level of leucine – the ‘king’ of the BCAAs.
• Fortified with enzymes to assist digestive function, including lactase (to aid the assimilation of lactose).
• Perfect for post-workout consumption, but can be consumed at any time of the day.
• Available in a range of delicious flavours to suit every taste!
• Low in sugar/carbohydrates and fat.
• Effortless, ‘instantised’ mixing and zero clumping.
How can Gold Standard Whey help me reach my goals?
Intense exercise causes the breakdown of muscle tissue; this is completely normal, and actually, a key aspect of your progress. Whey protein is fast-acting, which initiates the recovery process, supporting the repair and growth of damaged muscle fibres. It supplies all essential amino acids (including the BCAAs) – sometimes referred to as the ‘building blocks’ of protein, which assist muscle development.
Gold Standard is rich in whey isolate, said to be the purest fraction of whey protein there is. This creates a purity level of around 90% – a figure that’s unrivalled in the industry!
Who is Gold Standard Whey suitable for?
• Bodybuilders looking to increase muscle mass, but wanting to avoid excess fat gain.
• Those who participate in endurance sports.
• Anyone who cares about their health and fitness, whatever their activity of choice.